Commercial Auto Insurance

Commercial auto insurance can cover a combination of vehicle types (trucks, cars) and drivers, as well as some types of motorized equipment.

It provides for bodily injury liability and property damage while operating a company automobile, medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) for the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car. Injuries or damage to someone else are also covered.

Hired/Non-owned Auto Liability
Are you renting cars or are your employees using their own vehicles? This particular coverage provides business insurance coverage for certain liabilities arising from the use of a rented or leased vehicle (hired), or a non-owned vehicle (employee using their own vehicle on company business). Oftentimes this coverage can be added inexpensively to a business auto policy, or in some cases, a general liability policy.

Use of Personal Vehicles
Insurance policies for privately owned vehicles may not cover damage to your privately owned car or truck when it is used for business, even home cosmetics, jewelry sales or a pizza delivery business.  Making sure that your business has the coverage that you need is essential to protecting your business’s needs.

Every business is uniquetalk to Savoy Insurance Group today to find out how to get the best commercial auto insurance, service, price and value. Give Savoy Insurance Group a call at 440-365-0435.

Commercial Auto Insurance FAQ

What does Commercial Auto Insurance cover? 

Your specific coverage will vary based on the type of policy that you choose.  Your coverage needs will differ based on the number of vehicles your business relies on, the size of those vehicles, and how those vehicles are used, among other factors.  It is always best to discuss your coverage with an independent agent.  However, in general, commercial auto insurance can cover the vehicles used by your business, and any vehicles driven for business purposes.

How much does Commercial Auto Insurance cost?

The cost of your Commercial Auto Insurance will vary based on the number of vehicles that your business uses, the size and type of the vehicles used, and how you use your vehicles.  The driving record of those driving the vehicles can also have an impact.  If any of the employees operating your business’s vehicles have a poor driving record, you are more likely to face higher rates.  Talking to a local independent agent can help to ensure that you get the best rate for your business’s needs.

If I deliver food, pizza, or other products with my personal vehicle, do I need Commercial Auto Insurance?

Yes, your personal vehicle needs commercial insurance coverage if you are using it for deliveries.  If you drive for a food delivery service, such as a pizza place or an online delivery service like Uber Eats or DoorDash, with your personal vehicle, it is important to make sure that your vehicle has commercial insurance coverage.  Personal auto policies do not cover damages incurred while a vehicle is being used for commercial purposes.  For this reason, making sure that your vehicle has enough commercial insurance coverage is imperative to protecting yourself from liability and loss.

Contact SIG online or give us a call at (440) 365-0435 to learn more about your commercial insurance needs for delivery vehicles.

Does my business need Commercial Auto Insurance?

If your business utilizes vehicles for any aspect of your operations, you need commercial auto insurance to cover your vehicles and drivers.  Businesses that rely on vehicles for deliveries, transportation, or daily operations, among other usages, should have commercial auto insurance coverage to protect their business from liability or loss.

If you need Commercial Auto Insurance or have questions about your business’s unique insurance needs, give SIG a call at (440)365-0435 or contact us online to talk about your options today.

Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!

Access quotes from Ohio's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.